- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
Booking in advance is highly recommended as time slots are booked on a first come, first served basis. Please book early to maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer. We cannot hold spots for any group or individual without accepting payment for that spot. No time spots may be guaranteed until payment is received. Groups need to make reservations in order to receive group pricing (group pricing starts for groups of eight or more). For more information, please call 843-682-6000.
- Can I book a tour or adventure for just one participant?
Yes. However, due to the nature of the activities offered at ZipLine and Aerial Adventure Hilton Head, we cannot schedule tours with only one participant flying or climbing. We apologize in advance if an open tour time is not available to book until more participants have scheduled for that time. Because of these limitations, it is possible (though rare) that a single participant may be asked to reschedule a reservation for a different time slot if a scheduling conflict arises for all other participants previously booked for that tour or adventure.
- Is a ticket required to watch my friends/family fly?
Tickets are only required for guests who are flying. Feel free to walk around and observe or take pictures! We have trails and benches scattered throughout the park for observers.
- Can I arrange a private activity?
Yes, private activities are available for birthdays, corporate groups, and other special occasions. If you are interested in a private activity, contact us by filling out a group booking form.
- Can I take both the Ziplining Tour and the Aerial Adventure in the same day?
Yes, but please make sure there is at least a one hour difference between the end of one activity and the start of the other. If your schedule permits, we recommend two hours in between activities.
- Can I receive a refund if I want to cancel my reservation?
- Purchased tickets are non-refundable. There is an optional cancellation insurance fee, which you can select at the time of purchase. If you purchase the cancellation insurance, you are able to cancel your tickets and receive a refund minus the fee ONLY if you cancel more than 24 hours before your scheduled tour.
- Any cancellation that occurs within 24 hours of the scheduled tour time will not be eligible for refund.
- What if I want to reschedule my tour?
Purchased tickets are non-refundable, but can be rescheduled (subject to availability) with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
- What if we arrive late for our tour time?
Guests are required to arrive 20 to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Tours depart on time. No refunds will be issued for late arrivals. If you fail to meet your appointment, we still incur all of the same expenses, and may have turned others away.
- If my tour starts at a set time, why do I need to be there 20 to 30 minutes beforehand?
All participants must fill out a participation agreement before being allowed on the canopy tour. All minors must have their participation agreement signed by an adult 18+ years of age in addition to their own signature. Participants will also meet the guides who will be conducting their tour and learn information that is specific to the tour site. Due to the nature of our operation, tours depart on time. No refunds will be issued for late arrivals.
- Is this tour suitable for pregnant women or anyone with recent injuries?
The tour is only suitable for people in good health. This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or anyone recovering from recent surgery or procedures.
- What if I have medical concerns?
Please disclose ALL relevant medical information to your guides during your booking. This includes but is not limited to: recent surgeries, sprains, strains, pulls, broken bones, stitches, and any condition requiring medication — such as asthma, allergies, heart conditions, diabetes, etc. If you or a member of your party is mentally or physically handicapped, this must also be conveyed to your guides; this includes any spectrum disorder. Please bear in mind that, although lifestyles may not be altered by these concerns, we will ultimately have to alter our tours and adventures to accommodate those with needs exceeding a typical clients’.
ZipLine Hilton Head Age and Requirement FAQ
- What if I have never ziplined before?
This tour is great for beginners and pros alike! Your experienced guides are great teachers and will tell you everything you need to know.
- Are children allowed? Is there a reduced child rate?
Everyone must be at least 10 years of age and weigh between 80 and 250 pounds to participate. There is no reduced child rate.
- My children want to do the Zipline Tour, but I am afraid of heights! Will I be too afraid if I accompany my children?
While you will experience eight ziplines, the tour starts low and slow so you can build up confidence as you go. Any child under 15 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult escort 18+ years of age on the tour.
Aerial Adventure Hilton Head Age and Requirement FAQ
- What courses are kids allowed to climb by age?
Please see the chart below showing which courses each age group can climb:
- Is there a height, age, or weight restriction?
- ALL climbers must be at least 42 inches tall to participate on the Aerial Adventure challenge course.
- ALL climbers must be at least 48 inches tall to participate on any course without an adult escort to assist them.
- Whenever adult participation is required, the appropriate adult/child ratio must be met. All adult escorts are charged as paying participants and have access to all six of our routes during their adventure.
- Minors aged 5-6 may only climb on our two Green Courses and MUST be escorted by an adult in a one-to-one ratio (one adult per one child).
- Minors aged 7-9 may traverse the Green Courses and the Blue Courses but MUST be escorted by an adult (one adult per two children).
- Minors aged 10-13 may traverse the Green and Blue Courses but MUST be supervised by an adult who is remaining on the property. Minors 10-13 years old can traverse the Single Black Diamond Course but MUST be escorted by an adult (one adult per two children).
- Minors aged 14-15 may traverse the Green, Blue, and Single Black Diamond Course but MUST be supervised by an adult who is remaining on the property. Minors 14-15 years old can traverse the Double Black Diamond Course but MUST be escorted by an adult (1 adult per 2 children).
- Ages 16+ are free to traverse all our courses without an adult escort, but anyone under 18 must be signed for by an adult who is responsible for the participant for the entire duration of the adventure.
- Any minor or a parent or guardian who lists the age of any participant dishonestly or inaccurately not only falsifies information on a legally binding contract but also increases the risk of injury to the child, the escort, our rangers, and the other participants on the adventure course.
- Regarding a weight restriction, the limit is 265 pounds.
- Do I have to be really fit to do the course?
Most people who lead an active lifestyle and are in good health should not have any difficulty in completing many of the courses. You are able to proceed at a pace that is comfortable to you. You are also welcome to leave the ropes course and take a break within your two hours. Depending on age and physical ability, even the Green courses can be challenging for our younger participants, the Blue courses may provide a significant challenge for some, and the Black courses are very challenging.
- How difficult are the ropes courses?
The courses range from easier (Green) to expert (Double Black Diamond). Relative to each person’s ability, the courses are very manageable but become more physically challenging as you progress to more difficult courses. If you have not been up in the air before, you may be unsettled at first about being 12 feet above the ground on a Green course, 24 feet above the ground on a Blue course, or 36 feet for each of our Black courses. You will be secure in your harness while on the courses because you are always attached. Aerial Adventure Hilton Head Rangers are in charge and in control of your accessing each course and the main tower hub.
- Will there be a ranger with us at all times?
While the Aerial Adventure is a self-guided activity, there will be rangers at the central tower for the duration of the event who can provide assistance to all our climbers as needed.
- Will there be any ziplining involved on this adventure?
No, there is no ziplining on our Aerial Adventure. The two-hour adventure involves six invigorating obstacle courses for all abilities. There are age restrictions for the more advanced courses; please see the previous questions for this information.
Facility Site-Specific FAQ
- Are food and beverages available?
Food and beverages are not provided during the tour. There will be water coolers at check-in and on the course for rehydration. Bottled water, Gatorade, and light snacks are available for purchase at the check-in kiosk. We recommend having eaten before you arrive to participate on your tour.
- Is there a restaurant nearby to grab a bite to eat?
Absolutely! Up the Creek Pub & Grill is just next door and has great water view and a fun, family-friendly menu with great burgers, seafood, and salads. Check out their website and menu by clicking here.
- Is there a fee for parking?
No, parking is free for all guests.
- Are gift certificates available?
Yes! All gift certificates purchased are full price tickets and cannot be discounted to reflect promotions. Gift certificates can be purchased online or over the phone at 843-682-6000.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What clothing should I wear?
Wear well-fitting clothing that does not allow anything to hang loose or get tangled. Long hair and jewelry should not be left loose. Dresses, skirts, and bathing suits are not permitted. Rubber-soled sneakers or hiking shoes are required. Flip-flops, water shoes, clogs, slip-ons, Tom’s, Crocs, Sperry’s, Tevas, Keens, and sandals are not permitted.
- Is there somewhere to store my belongings?
We will have a dedicated property bag for your tour that will remain on the ground with members of management for the duration of your tour to hold non-medical belongings such as keys, wallets, cell phones, pocket knives, etc.
- Can I bring my camera?
Yes, small phones and cameras with straps are allowed on the tour.
- What equipment is provided?
A harness, helmet, and gloves are provided with your admission ticket